Saturday, October 16, 2010

Day 16- a song that makes you cry, or nearly.

Day 16 - a song that makes you cry (or nearly).

All of them. Music is so fucking heartbreaking these days. My friend Kenny sent me a song that makes me cry everytime. It is about the stillbirth of his daughter Roxy Jean. It is coming out on his next album, which I will link here when it does. His band is called Gentleman Caller. The song is called Suit and Tie. If your child was stillborn, you absolutely would hear it in his words. His voice is stunning and sad, and you can hear his third child in the background. Christ, it guts me, yet some days, I can't stop listening to it. It has the most amazing line, "Sometimes love is all you get." Come to think another of his other songs Unbreak Your Heart also makes me tear up. His daughter and my daughter--second children--died in the same way--stillborn at 38 weeks for no found reason. Maybe it is just that I can hear his heartbreak and know his story. I feel like I know Roxy Jean. I don't know. I just think he is an amazing musician and writer, so there is that too. Anyway, wish I could share with you, but you will have to wait.

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to being able to listen to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to hearing it, in a very sad sort of way.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?